Three hella cool chicks virtually and not-so-virtually training together for the 2011 Austin Marathon. Won't you join our humble journey?

Thursday, February 17, 2011

guide to the marathon

One good idea for calming pre-race jitters, in my opinion, is making a game plan. I've already run the entire course, piece by piece, but I know that y'all have never even seen Austin and have no idea what to expect. Here's a link to a great course description to help you make a plan.




Yesterday, I finally made it to one of the group track workouts with the Texas Running Company, and it helped me a lot in feeling strong and ready for this race. We ran three miles around the track at our "race pace" with a minute or so of rest in between. Mike had us running a 9:00 min/mi pace, which sounds insane to me as a race pace, but felt great on the track.

He echoed Hal with advice to just run on little 2-miler on Saturday to shake out our legs, and nothing more this week.

Here goes nothing!

2 comments:

  1. Holy CRAP!!! What have you gotten us into!?!??!?!? I can't wait to see you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me?!!! Um, I believe you are a free-willed participant, my dear.

    See you in a few hours!

    ReplyDelete