Three hella cool chicks virtually and not-so-virtually training together for the 2011 Austin Marathon. Won't you join our humble journey?

Monday, February 14, 2011

Oh my god, only six days to go before the Austin Marathon! I'm getting excited, and nervous, for the big run. How's everyone else feeling?

(we make it look easy!)

Yesterday, for our final long training run, we ran the first five miles of the course... the starting line at the capital building, down San Jacinto, down Guadalupe, over the Congress bridge, and up Congress. The first few miles have a nice downhill that will be great for warming up easy. Then there's a big uphill heading up South Congress past lots of cool shops and restaurants, before we turn around and head back down. My plan is to take it easy for this whole section, not bombing down the hills, not charging up them, but running a steady pace.

In other news!
This little furball will be cheering for us next Sunday. Meet Zeke, my future running partner!

Looking forward to the coming weekend, it should be chock full of running, puppies, Lone Stars, tacos, and sunshine!!!

3 comments:

  1. I'm getting excited too!! And just a smidge nervous:). I love that pic - you look like you just finished a 5k not a marathon! I, on the other hand, look like a disaster and the loaf of bread doesn't help with that impression:).

    Can't wait to meet your little puppy! Can't wait to see you on FRIDAY!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The loaf of bread does crack me up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. woot woot! good luck in Austin! Jody - I love Zeke so cute. i won't be there to hold signs but you know...
    KEEP ON TRUCKING! xoxo

    ReplyDelete