Three hella cool chicks virtually and not-so-virtually training together for the 2011 Austin Marathon. Won't you join our humble journey?

Friday, January 14, 2011

Friday Nights

It is Friday night, I'm home relaxing on the couch after eating a big bowl of pasta instead of being out on the town.  While I realize that this must sound like a huge sacrifice to most, I do not feel like I'm missing out on anything.  Rather, I'm looking forward to tomorrow's 20 miler.  It'll be my fourth run of 20 miles or more...  although two of those were actual marathons.  I'm at the place where I know I can do it but I still get butterflies thinking about it. 

Tomorrow, I'll get up early to make a mug of tea and a bowl of oatmeal.  I'll enjoy those in bed as I slowly wake up.  Then it'll be time to get dressed and prepare my supplies - water belt with two pods of water and three Honey Stingers, Garmin, iPod.  Then it is a short drive to our meeting place to be followed by FOUR HOURS of running.  Sheesh!  The last three miles will be pretty hilly and I'll be pretty tired by then so it could end up being a pretty tough run.  

Once it is over, I'll come home, shower and eat.  I'll put on sweats, drink a bunch of water and put my feet up.  I might even take a nap.  But, more than anything, I'll enjoy basking in the accomplishment of another long run in the bank.  Those miles will serve me well in Austin and beyond as my body learns to adapt.  For some it might sound like a sacrifice but for me it's another opportunity to grow and rediscover how amazing I can be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment