Three hella cool chicks virtually and not-so-virtually training together for the 2011 Austin Marathon. Won't you join our humble journey?

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Tempo Run

I really enjoy tempo runs!!  It is fun to see how I'm doing in relation to my marathon goal paces.  Today was the first day that I feel 'back'.  Here's our splits:

Mile 1 - 10:12
Mile 2 - 10:05
Mile 3 - 10:09
Mile 4 - 9:51
Mile 5 - 9:38
Mile 6 - 9:40
Mile 7 - 9:32
Mile 8 - 9:33

Overall - 9:50

Today was a perfect day for a run like this.  It wasn't raining but it wasn't sunny either.  It wasn't cold but it wasn't warm either.  I started with gloves and my chute but I took them both off by the end of mile 2.  Faith got a shuffle for Christmas so we now both listen to music on tempo days and that definitely helps us feel and be faster. 

No comments:

Post a Comment