Three hella cool chicks virtually and not-so-virtually training together for the 2011 Austin Marathon. Won't you join our humble journey?

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

More Goals

I ran 1,111 miles in 2010.  I didn't plan it that way and I didn't add my miles to my spreadsheet from mid-November through year-end until today.  I think it was actually 1,110.85 and I elected to round up.  I had started the year with a goal of 1,500 that soon became a goal of 1,200.  Although I missed both, I did run more miles than any prior year of my life!  Also, considering that I had a kidney stone, a MRSA infection, a couple of nasty colds and took a lot of fitness classes, I think I did pretty darn good.  

Looking ahead to 2011, I'm wondering what a reasonable yet still challenging mileage goal will be.  I could try for 1,500 again but I'm worried that some stints where I'm focusing more on fitness classes might derail that (did I mention that I bought a kickboxing Groupon??).  Maybe a fluid goal of just more than 2010 is reasonable.  What do you think??

2 comments:

  1. Ha, I would have said 1,111 is a fitting number for 2011!

    I like the idea of a fluid goal - 1500 sounds like a lot! You would have to average 4 miles every single day...

    What about counting workout hours, then you can count all the cross-training.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, 1,500 IS a lot - it would be an average of 125 miles a month... I'm not sure I can do that.

    Counting workout hours feels a lot like cheating to me but I'm not sure why. I think it is because the intensity level can vary so much.

    ReplyDelete