Three hella cool chicks virtually and not-so-virtually training together for the 2011 Austin Marathon. Won't you join our humble journey?

Monday, September 27, 2010

Fitness Class

Aerial Yoga
 
All the strength training talk from Jody and Faith was inspiring me right about the time that a Groupon came up for the Diva Den.  The place is near my house, the Groupon was $32 for a month of unlimited classes and they had class that I was interested on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday around 5:30.  So, I bought one!  Then, when I was exploring their website, I found another deal for a week's free pass.  Add it all up and I have pre-registered for SIX weeks of classes!  


Tonight was the first class and it was called Sock It To Her.  Basically, there were eight of us in a big class room with eight poles and no shoes.  It was primarily a leg workout with particular focus on the inner and outer thigh areas but I can already feel that we did some good stuff for the abs too!  I'm impressed by how shredded my legs feel in just a thirty minute workout.  


Tomorrow, I'll be going to a 45 minute Pilates class and then Wednesday will be a 45 minute aerial yoga class.  I'm very anxious to see what the heck aerial yoga is all about...  stay tuned for updates on the other classes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment