Three hella cool chicks virtually and not-so-virtually training together for the 2011 Austin Marathon. Won't you join our humble journey?

Monday, September 20, 2010

Solo Run

Faith stayed home sick today so I ran my three miler on the Waterfront solo.  It was lonely but it also make me push myself.  After years of one minor injury after another, I am happy to say that I have finally gotten to a point where I am strong and durable enough to play around with speedwork.  Generally, the only kind of speedwork that I do is a tempo run.  Before Helvetia in June, I did do four weeks of track work but that's all that I've ever done.  Depending on how training for Austin goes, I may try to sneak in some track workouts during the last four weeks before I taper.  Anyway, today's three miles at 27:25 (9:08)counts as a speedwork day for me!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment