Three hella cool chicks virtually and not-so-virtually training together for the 2011 Austin Marathon. Won't you join our humble journey?

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Week 1 of Pre-Training

Faith and Jess randomly showing up at Krista's birthday drink last night at the Muddy Rudder in the same 2010 Eugene Marathon shirt!!! 
I admit it - I've been lazy lately.  Today is my first week of 'pre-training' since marathon training doesn't officially start until October 18th.  Which gives me one month and 3 days to improve my fitness so that the real training is as productive and enjoyable as possible.  So far this week, I've logged 3 miles on both Monday and Tuesday - which doesn't sound like much but I did race a 10k on Sunday so my legs are a bit on the tired side.  Today, Faith and I are aiming for a four miler...  which will hopefully not be quite as slow as the last couple of days have been!!  My goal during pre-training is to get back in the habit of running Monday - Thursday with a long run on Saturday. 

~Jess - runoregon.net

No comments:

Post a Comment