Three hella cool chicks virtually and not-so-virtually training together for the 2011 Austin Marathon. Won't you join our humble journey?

Thursday, September 16, 2010

It's raining, it's pouring...

Hello, RAIN!!!  The rain started last night and is still going.  We are supposed to have some breaks today but, looking at the extended forecast, it seems as though it is here to stay.  I must say, it is a welcome change from running in the heat of the summer.  And, I can't complain about MY waterfront path clearing out and becoming more private again. 

Today's lunchtime run will mark five days in a row.  I'm very glad to be back in my routine.  I'm golfing in a tournament on Saturday so this weekend's long run will have to be moved to Sunday...  which means that I'll be running five days in a row again next week.  Hopefully, though, I can get back into the M-Th plus Saturday routine again after that.  I find that I just feel best when I can get in five runs a week.  Otherwise, I start to feel sluggish and just less healthful overall.  It'll be nice to start this round of marathon training feeling strong, healthy and itching to train. 

No comments:

Post a Comment