Three hella cool chicks virtually and not-so-virtually training together for the 2011 Austin Marathon. Won't you join our humble journey?

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Adventures in Cross-Training

I have a huge confession ladies: first week of marathon training and I didn't run a single step!

My excuse is rock solid, though. I've had a cold all week AND I just returned to Austin last night after a very fun vacation to California. So, instead of 3, 5, 3, 5, and 8 mile runs, my week went a little like this:

Monday - 8 mile mountain bike ride around Lake Tahoe (at over 6,000 elevation!), rock climbing in the evening



Tuesday - All day rock climbing

Wednesday - Rest / recover from cold
Thursday - Hike 7 miles into Yosemite wilderness (up to 8,000 feet)

Friday - Hike 10 miles out of wilderness
Saturday - Rest / fly home

So... my intentions were to make it to this morning's group run, but I am still so sore from backpacking ten miles the other day that I can barely walk up and down our stairs.

Last year, I started marathon training two weeks late and was able to catch up fairly quickly. Looks like I am continuing my tradition of playing catch-up - starting tomorrow, it's ON!!!

3 comments:

  1. GREAT pics!! And, great reasons for not running. Plus, it's not like you were just being a couch potato. You'll catch up quickly:).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awsome pics... looks like you had a great time. you'll rock that marathon with the two hella cool chicks your running with.
    Good times

    ReplyDelete
  3. um....WOW. I'm so jealous! I would say all of that beats the snot out of a few piddly 3 and 5 milers :) Beautiful photos! (ps. miss you!!!)

    ReplyDelete