Three hella cool chicks virtually and not-so-virtually training together for the 2011 Austin Marathon. Won't you join our humble journey?

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Sometimes running is hard



Look at that bright and shiny pool! This is the view from our living room window...

We moved into our new digs over the weekend. It's a two bedroom apartment in one of those complexes with a pool, a gym, and free cable. It feels like we are on vacation in southern California. I can't wait to host Faith and Jess for the Austin marathon! And anyone else who wants to travel to Austin, for the marathon or just for fun. E and I decided that having a guest room was our number one priority, so come on down!

As a result of all this moving - hauling all of my worldly possession into the U-haul, out of the U-haul, up the stairs - I have been SO tired. Yesterday I took TWO naps. And on Sunday, when I went to do a "long" run of 5 miles, I felt like each leg weighed about a million pounds. It was one of those runs that gets me thinking, "How will I possibly be able to run a marathon?"

Except, oh yeah, I already have run a marathon. Two actually. It's all part of the training I suppose. Some days you just have dead, million pound legs. Thanks, Sunday's run, for reminding me of something very basic: Sometimes running is hard!

---

Upcoming posts:

- Austin Marathon Project's brutal new abs workout (y'all are going to love this!)
- Backpacking as cross-training
- Debatable t-shirts that I found at Goodwill

3 comments:

  1. One word: JEALOUS! More pics, please!
    Also, can you host Clark? He's coming down, too, and bringing out lots of people to cheer us on.

    I can't believe you went running after all of that moving. You're such a badass!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heck yeah! I figure we have room for four guests - Jess, Ty, you, and Clark - at our place. Two in the (gigantic) guest room and two in the (gigantic) living room? And our Austin friends might be willing to host a few others for the weekend if anyone else decides to come down.

    And thanks for the props!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So true!! I LOVE your new apartment and I can't wait to check out Austin with you and Eli! I don't think Ty is going to make it... at least, that's what he's claiming for now. But he is still willing to do the training with me so maybe he'll end up at the starting line with us:).

    Are you feeling moved in and settled yet?

    ReplyDelete