Three hella cool chicks virtually and not-so-virtually training together for the 2011 Austin Marathon. Won't you join our humble journey?

Friday, December 17, 2010

Awesome Tempo Run

I had a great tempo run yesterday!!  It ended up being a solo run and I really kicked it's ass:

Mile 1 - 9:29
Mile 2 - 9:18
Mile 3 - 8:59
Mile 4 - 9:08
Mile 5 - 8:52
Mile 6 - 8:58
Mile 7 - 8:18

Overall - 1:03:03 (9:00)

I love running with a Garmin because it gives me this kind of information.  My perceived effort level was hard but not unsustainable.  If I hadn't sprinted that last mile, I think I could have kept going for at least a couple more at the 9-ish pace.  I'm beginning to think that the 9:30 - 10:00 range might be a reasonable marathon goal for me.  

I woke up yesterday with a sore throat.  Today, I woke up with a sore throat, filled up ears and some light coughing.  Cross your fingers that today's make up run (missed Tuesday because of the Icebreaker sale) makes me feel tons better!!   

No comments:

Post a Comment