Three hella cool chicks virtually and not-so-virtually training together for the 2011 Austin Marathon. Won't you join our humble journey?

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Sick!

I've been sick since Thursday with what started out as a sore throat and ear ache.  Since then, it has become a cough, sneezing, runny nose, headache, chills sort of cold.  Then, to top it all off, I woke up barfing yesterday.  I got in all my runs last week but I didn't run yesterday (or go to work!!) or today.  I'm hoping to run tomorrow but it will all depend on my below the shoulders situation - basically, I'll take another day if I'm still coughing.  

Other than this week, I've only missed one other run during this training session.  So, I'm probably okay but I just HATE missing workouts.  I worry that this will be the one that I really regret come marathon day if things don't go right.  But, I've got to get over this and running with it probably didn't help me much (although I'd also argue that it probably didn't hurt me much either).  I'd guess that not getting enough rest is more to blame...  but that is a constant struggle for me.  

Anyway, I'll get this week's email and last week's update out tomorrow!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment