Three hella cool chicks virtually and not-so-virtually training together for the 2011 Austin Marathon. Won't you join our humble journey?

Monday, December 6, 2010

Random Stuff

Today's run was on the tough side.  It was only a four miler but I just felt heavy, slow and leaden in my legs.  I ended up on pace so it wasn't that I was actually any slower than normal.  And, I did warm up about halfway in and the run did get easier.  I didn't get enough sleep over the weekend and I didn't fuel myself all that well yesterday.  The mileage is finally getting big enough that I need to pay attention.  I think my body was making sure I know that today!

This week, my running schedule will get kind of screwy because we are heading to Santa Fe for a get-away weekend.  So, I'll be taking a rest day on Thursday so that I can get on the road around 6 am on Friday to run my 15 miler.  Then, I'll do 7 in Santa Fe on Saturday.  The elevation there is 7,000 feet which can bother some people so I didn't want to be stuck doing a 15 miler in potentially bad conditions.  Also, it is much colder there than here so that can make a long run fairly miserable.  The exciting news is that our hotel has an indoor pool and hot tub - I plan on making good news of both!  

Lastly, the annual Icebreaker sale has been rumored to be next week!  If you aren't familiar with Icebreaker, you are really missing out.  They make these amazing merino wool pieces that are ideal for running.  You can really wear it year-round because it does regulate your temperature even in the heat.  That said, you will truly appreciate the greatness of wool when it gets cold out - it even will help you to stay warmer when running in a Pacific Northwest deluge.  Last year, I spent around $250 on merchandise that would have retailer for well over $1,000.  I've been looking forward to this year's sale since I walked out of last year's!  

1 comment:

  1. The Icebreaker sale was amazing last year! I might ask you to keep an eye out for another shirt for me and then pay you back, if you are willing. I could really use another t-shirt or tank top like the ones Faith has. Or a longsleeve. Or jacket. Or gloves. Or dress. Just get one of each and we'll go from there! ; )

    ReplyDelete