Three hella cool chicks virtually and not-so-virtually training together for the 2011 Austin Marathon. Won't you join our humble journey?

Monday, December 13, 2010

Week 8

Weird week:

Monday - 4 @ 10:33
Tuesday - 7 @ 10:23
Wedneday - 4 @ 10:50
Thursday - 15 @ 11:00 (rain, rain, rain)
Friday - rest
Saturday - 1 @ 18:50
Sunday - rest

Yes, you read that right, 1 @ 18:50!!!  What the hell happened, you ask?  7,000+ feet of elevation.  We were in Santa Fe for the weekend and we decided to check out a local trail for our scheduled 7 miler.  First of all, the trail was super steep...  within a few seconds, I'm not exagerating, my lungs were searing and I couldn't catch my breath at all.  The trail was also fairly rough and rocky so that always slows me down since I run in FiveFingers.  We had to walk quite a bit but even the parts that we could run were ridiculously slow.  It was frustrating.  At the half mile point, I cried "uncle" and we turned around and hoofed it out of there.  This isn't the first time that elevation has really slowed me down.  I also had a really tough time in Tahoe but I was attributing that more to the 95 degree heat...  turns out it was probably the elevation.  Luckily for Ty, it doesn't seem to impact him nearly as much which makes me wonder how much of that I can chalk up to 16 years of smoking.  Oh well, I can't change that now and at least I haven't smoked in over two years! 

Speaking of Santa Fe, traveling always means eating out and, for us, we generally end up eating two big meals a day rather than a more sensible three.  We also ate a lot of meat - WAY more than I would usually have.  I feel like I didn't eat a single veggie in three days and the only fruit I had was the non-organic banana I bought at the grocery store.  BLEH.  I'm also super duper dehydrated from traveling and the sheer dryness of the desert.  All this resulted in a THREE pound weight gain in as many days!!  That'll slow a girl down.  Today, though, I am getting back on track.  I started my day with my standard Greek yogurt and granola and I've downed two Siggs of water...  and my tummy is already feeling more settled. 

No comments:

Post a Comment