Three hella cool chicks virtually and not-so-virtually training together for the 2011 Austin Marathon. Won't you join our humble journey?

Monday, December 20, 2010

weekly recap

Tough week for me!

Monday - biked to work (16 miles round trip = good cross-training!)
Tuesday - rest
Wednesday - 5 miles
Thursday - 3 miles
Friday - 3 miles, 2 @ 10k pace
Saturday - 7 miles @ marathon pace
Sunday - 13 miles

Now that the Austin Marathon course has been announced, we've been including pieces of it in our long runs. This weekend we ran the section from Mile 9 to Mile 13. I have never been on those roads before, it was a pretty nice little neighborhood, with some rolling hills that are reminiscent of the Helvetia Half. I think this marathon is going to be more challenging than Eugene because of the hills. I'll post more about the course as I run all the different areas.

1 comment:

  1. Yikes, really?? I was kind of counting on a flat, fast course... so this is good to know!

    Nice job on the long bike ride and lots of running miles!

    ReplyDelete