Three hella cool chicks virtually and not-so-virtually training together for the 2011 Austin Marathon. Won't you join our humble journey?

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Camp Whore

Another day, another camp!!  I'm a camp whore!  I just can't turn down a groupon if it is related to getting a good workout.  Tonight, Ty and I went to our first in a month unlimited at Bootcamp RDFT.  It was different than classes at ADAPT in that ADAPT attracts more men and more serious athletes.  That said, it was still a great workout - just more oriented to women and, perhaps, weight loss than strength and power.  I definitely got a great core workout.  Basically, there were five areas and we rotated through each area is groups of 7 or 8 (I think it was an unusually full class).  We then took a quick water break before breaking out again into four groups and rotating again through each area.  We did a quick warm-up and cool down too and the hour absolutely flew by!!

Tomorrow, we are taking the intro class so it'll be interesting to see how that compares to the standard class.  We are going to aim for 4 classes a week - Tuesday will be Bootcamp, Wednesday will be Intro Bootcamp, Saturday will be TRX and Sunday will be Bootcamp again.  We are having to make some exceptions to work around our work schedules but that's the basic plan for November - YAY!!  

I didn't do my three mile run yesterday so I'm planning to make that up on Friday but I did do five today and it felt amazing.  Faith was home sick (I hope you're feeling better!!) so I was solo with my tunes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment