Three hella cool chicks virtually and not-so-virtually training together for the 2011 Austin Marathon. Won't you join our humble journey?

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Week 4

Another good week.  I'm looking forward to building up some more during Week 5 before a step-back for Week 6.  I feel like I'm making good progress...  running 5 days a week feels amazing.  And, I'm getting mentally prepared for 26.2.  

Monday - 3 at 10:41
Tuesday - 6 at 10:29, bootcamp
Wednesday - 3 at 10:54, bootcamp
Thursday - 6 at 9:56
Friday - rest
Saturday - 11 at 11:14
Sunday - bootcamp

Although the overall week was good, yesterday's run was a train wreck for me.  The route we did started at OMSI and took us to the top of Mount Tabor and then through Laurelhurst Park before ending back at OMSI.  I was having really bad cramps and felt incredibly fatigued the entire run.  Luckily, Faith and Krista were incredibly understanding and allowed me to hang back and be cranky the whole run:).  The good news is that I had a horrible run during training and not on race day.  Bad runs help us to remember what a great run feels like and teach us how to dig deep.  It is not a bad lesson to know that I can get through any run as long as I just keep putting one foot in front of the other.  

No comments:

Post a Comment