Three hella cool chicks virtually and not-so-virtually training together for the 2011 Austin Marathon. Won't you join our humble journey?

Monday, November 22, 2010

Week 5

Another week completed!!  I'm still feeling good but I've just hit 30 this week so I'll know more about how I'm really doing in two weeks when I start exceeding the 30 mile weekly mark.  According to Hal, that's typically the cusp for injuries to rear their ugly heads.

Monday - 3 @ 10:22
Tuesday - 5 @ 10:04 (solo)
Wednesday - 4 @ 9:54 (solo), bootcamp
Thursday - 6 @ 10:09 (solo), bootcamp
Friday - rest
Saturday - 12 @ 10:03 (with group for first 4.5, solo thereafter)
Sunday - bootcamp

I'm starting to wonder if my goal of 4:30 (10:18 pace) is too slow or if I'm running my workouts too fast.  I'd be interested in opinions on that.  For reference, I ran my last 10k at 8:22 pace - which the McMillan calculator converts into a 4:05 marathon.  I think that's quite aggressive but perhaps there's a middle ground?

No comments:

Post a Comment