Three hella cool chicks virtually and not-so-virtually training together for the 2011 Austin Marathon. Won't you join our humble journey?

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Need Advice

I love changing up my workout routine and I love Groupons.  Today's Groupon is for 5 weeks at the Riverplace Athletic Club for $50.  Normally, that would be a no brainer for me...  BUT, this Groupon has be started by 1/15/2011.  SO, I'd basically have to start using in in early December.  My concern is that it might be too much with the marathon training.  On the other hand, weight training two days a week combined with a couple of yoga classes a week might be just the right thing.  The last two times I was marathon training, I only did the running during training but I've been so loving having Warrior Camp and now bootcamp on top of the running...  I don't want to drop to just running and lose the improvements that I've been making or be sad that I don't have more variety.  

So, what do you think???

2 comments:

  1. Hey Jess, you do so much already, you absolutely amaze me to begin with. your talking about 10 bucks a week for 5 weeks... if they are offering classes you are interested in it may be worth it. another thing is, some gyms offer a free (one time) weight training instructor, to get you started... maybe something to look into. anyway, what ever you choose, I'm sure you'll do your best to take on more than any of us can handle... and come out with a smile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Luke, for all your kind words! I didn't end up buying the Groupon mostly because the timing is really bad for me. My payroll/accounts payable person is going on two weeks vacation right at year-end which means that I'll have to pick up a lot of his job on top of a time of year where I typically have to work extra just to get my job done. I'm sure another good workout Groupon will come up again soon:).

    ReplyDelete