Three hella cool chicks virtually and not-so-virtually training together for the 2011 Austin Marathon. Won't you join our humble journey?

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Need More Sleep!

It is Week 5 of training and I'm tired!  I am friends with Hal Higdon on facebook and one of his tips of the day this week talked about needing more sleep when marathon training.  The calculation he used is that you need one additional minute per night for each mile you run that week.  So, this week, I ran 30 miles which would equate to needing an additional half hour of sleep a night.  I believe this.  I'm definitely tired earlier in the evenings.  As my mileage climbs, I am going to start making an effort to get to bed earlier and get more rest/sleep.  I know that it will help my running and not doing it will increase my risk of injury so, really, it is the obvious thing to do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment